Tuesday, September 2, 2008

8 is enough

Boy I slept really well last night. I was pretty much asleep before Loren came to bed. Even though yesterday was an off day, I was really tired.
And because yesterday was an off day, my run today started out sluggish. THough when I left my house there was a different feel to the air.
A nervousness mixed with excitement and fear. Little kids looking some what lost. Parents looking some what relieved.
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!
I live across the street from 2 schools so I got to see the little ones crossing the street and making their way. Poor things in their uniforms. To this day I can't look at a pair of knee socks without breaking out into a rash. Anyone who thinks school girl uniforms are sexy clearly never had to wear one.
I didn't cool down after my race on Sat which was a mistake. Everything was a little stiff this morning. I did a loop of Central park and it felt a lot warmer than 70 out.
8 miles at 9:29 pace. Fine with me. I made sure to run the hill on morningside on my way home, the last mile. And I ran it hard. I need to get back into that habit.

No comments: