Sunday, July 27, 2008

The 50 mile week

Today, I finished my 50 mile week with an 18 mile run. Luckily, it has not been as hot the last few days. It has, however, been pretty humid. Since the NYC half marathon was today, I decided to go on a different run than usual. I also decided it would be a good idea to do a pretty hilly run. I dont know why I thought this was a good idea.
I ran straight up Broadway, into the Bronx, right to the edge of westchester. I also ran part of the XC course while in the Bronx to get my miles up.
Over all, it was a pretty good run. I think the hills are good even if they are tough. They always make me stronger. The last few miles, I was really ready to be done. My ice bath felt great. Initially I thought I'd be sore but I'm not, just tired.
Next week should be interesting. I jump up to 54 miles and have a 20 miler. I think I'm ready, I'm just going to be tired.

No comments: