Saturday, December 6, 2008

insert Toto song here, just for Flo

Well, I'm back from Africa. As promised, I did not run at all. That's the longest break I've had since March. I felt like every little thing I ate added pounds. I'm still processing my trip, it was an amazing experience on so many levels. Once I sort it all out, I'm sure I'll have more to say about it. My thoughts are all over the place. In the mean time, take a look at my photos.
I look at these and I think yea yea, the animals were totally cool to see, which is true, but the really cool thing to me was the experience of the people.


So now that I'm back in NYC, I'm back to running. After 2 weeks off to let my body get some rest after the marathon craziness of the fall, I ran 4.5 miles today. Didn't feel too bad. I'm surprised my ankle's a little stiff after the fact. Tomorrow is a 10k which I'm doing just for team reasons. As I've said to a few friends, I'll be running 10 minute miles with a cup of coffee. Of course we all know that's not true, but I wont be out there running any PRs. Plus the weather is suppose to suck.

There a small band of chicks on my team who are planning for the NJ marathon in May. A few people were very close to BQ times in NYC and have something to prove. While I myself have only verbally committed, I'm not sure I'm ready to jump into the grind again. I'm sure I'll come around.

4 comments:

Mir said...

It sounds like the break may have been a good thing after that double-marathon fall of yours. Have fun in the 10K tomorrow!

Girl In Motion said...

OMG!! I can't believe I didn't see this till just now. I actually like the song, while at the same time, I enjoy how easy it is to torture you with.

Glad you're back and you know I'm so proud of you and Loren for doing such an incredible humanitarian thing. The faces of those new bike riders is, well...I'm all vaclempt.

DogPound said...

aw thanks Flo. Loren and I went back and forth with having that song stuck in out heads for the entire trip. We even heard it at breakfast one morning.

Girl In Motion said...

"We even heard it at breakfast one morning." Hah, you're kidding! Toto knows no bounds. :D