Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NEW NEW NEW!!!

Ok tonight I tried a few different things for my track work out. First, I went early and ran alone and not with the team. I dont really have a problem motivating myself to doing this then I just do it and it's done. Yea, I miss out on the whole team aspect of things, but right now, I'm kinda ok with that. Also, HS kids have to outa there by 7 and the adults are just filing in so 6:30-7 is a really nice time.
For my warm up, I ran up to the track. It's exactly 2.5 miles from my house which is perfect since I tend to need a longer warm up. It's mostly uphill which is fine, I kept the pace easy.
It was also snowing when I ran up there which was pretty awesome. It hadn't started sticked yet. By the time I left it had so I'm glad I wasn't running home. I also love running up through Harlem. It hasn't turned into box store hell yet.

Tonight's work out was 4x1200 with 400 in between. The pace was "around 5 mile race pace". Honestly, I have no idea what that is for me right now. I ran them between 7:32-7:38 pace which felt pretty good. Can I run 5 miles at that pace right now? Doubt it, though I just ran a 4 miler at 7:55 pace.

It was also nice to finish before 9:30. I'm still toying with the idea of continuing to go early, we'll see.

Of course now it's past midnight since I got totally sucked into Whale Rider.

No comments: