Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1000

First, I want to say one of my goals this year was to run 1000 miles. I figured it was doable, I just missed last year.
Well, this morning, I logged my 1000th mile. Months early! Now I think 1200 is easily with in my reach. We'll see after all this marathon biz.
Anyway, as I mentioned yesterday, todays workout: 8 miles with 3x1600 (or 1 mile, just a hair longer than 1600 but easier to calculate). I had my typical sluggish warm up so I figured my intervals would be good.
WRONG.
I could tell on my first one, which I did not go out too hard on, that that just was not going to be the case. My goal was to be around 7:20.
WRONG.
7:30. Then 7:38, and let's be honest here, I knew things weren't going well, I phoned in the last one at 7:46. Eh. I finished them.
But can we talk about the 90% humidity? Cause that sure as hell did not help. Nope, not one bit. I'm ready for some more fallish like weather.

2 comments:

Girl In Motion said...

Congrats on the 1000th mile! That's so cool. Yeah, Philly was humid, too. I keep waiting for a 55 degree day, though I'm sure the ease I expect to run in that temp will be less than I imagine the difference to be...but I can dream!

As far as the rest of our time before the race, hard to believe the hard workouts are done! Wow. Taper madness is next on the agenda.

DogPound said...

well look at that, it hadn't even occurred to me today was the last hard day!
Loren will be so glad, I swear she's going burn my copy of advanced marathoning.