Thursday, October 16, 2008

On the road again

After 2 days of not running, I hit the road again last night. A nice easy 4 mile recovery run with my club. I ran with a few old friends and 2 women, I swore to them I dont usually run like I have  a poll up my ass.
The amazing thing about recovery runs:
They work.
Yes, I was sore when I started and sore after but I woke up this morning and I'm not sore anymore. My toenail is still oozing, but oh well.
I'm excited to be running again. 
Though I am getting nudges from people about running NYC, I'm sticking to my plan of not making any decisions yet. I wanna see how I feel the next few days and maybe do a 12 next weekend.

4 comments:

L.A. Runner said...

Hi! I just checked out your blog for the first time and I like it a lot. I think you're hilarious. Good luck in NYC. I have a feeling you'll be there!
Rebecca
(LA Runner)

Anonymous said...

Hi
I am also a "first timer" on your blog
Please can you give me your opinion on garmin

I want to get one when in NYC as i run alone and battle to know what pace i am running at. This is the main reason i would get one - heart rate info is good, but not the driver of the decision

Which would you go for - the 305 or the 405 or a.n.o

thanks in advance and i hope you do NYC

Mike

DogPound said...

wow, I didnt know anyone was still reading!
LA, thanks! I'll actually be in Bama for xmas!

Mike, I have the 305, I've never used the 405, but I haven't heardgreat things about the nano either.

Anonymous said...

Thank you

btw - by a.n.o i was being lazy - i meant any other ( i heard garmin were coming out with a new model)

I will likely get myself a garmin 305

cant wait for your post on 31 Oct when you just read a perfect weather report for 11/2....

either that or i guess you will be a mile 24 watching us crawl past

ciao


Mike