Saturday, October 25, 2008

there's no need for you to fear me if you take your time to hear me, maybe you can learn to cheer me

I wanted to run 12 today to see how the double digits would feel 13 days after Steamtown. My plan was to run the last few miles of the course then do it again, running the last 3-5 miles at 8:30-8:35 pace. 
I thought the humid days were behind us. I was wrong. Man, it was nasty out there today. I stopped at mile 7 (chased by a bear!!!!) And the minute I stopped, the sweat just started pouring out of me like it was summer.
The week before the marathon. The bleachers are going up at the finish line. People are starting to come to town. It's like the whole city is caught up in taper madness. There were several groups of people running down 5th ave and back into the park and out again, not a usual running route but that's how the marathon take us.
I felt really good. My legs got a little tired towards the end. I think that was a combination of the humidity and I had some trouble eating this morning. My stomach was a little unsettled. Oh yea, and I ran a marathon almost 2 weeks ago. Minor detail.
Tomorrow will be an easy recovery run. I'm heading down for some good food and some hangin out.

No comments: