Friday, October 10, 2008

Running to stand still

Well...18 weeks. 
Wow.
All my running, save a couple of slow nerve calming ones in the AM, is done. I went out and did 5 this morning with a few striders. My heart rate was a bit high, but I think that's nerves and caffine.
I look back and can not believe race day is almost here. I'm very excited. I keep telling myself to go out slow, relax, run smart, I'm ready for this, all that self affirming crap. 
I just have to get through the next few days!
Think of me Sunday morning, and thanks to everyone for your support.

2 comments:

vegheadjones said...

Best of luck! You definitely trained well for this race and overcame some injuries well (which only makes you stronger)

I just realized a couple weeks ago that I am your downstairs neighbor (apartment A1) Heh, I was reading your blog for a few months and it never occurred to me (Guess I'm slow)...

DogPound said...

that is too funny, I saw you on the RW forums and thought, that guy looks really familiar!