Saturday, May 17, 2008

Healthy Kidney 10k

Ugh. What a terrible race this morning. 10k=53:59 about 8:42 pace. This was NOT a good race for me. I was dehydrated from the start and the sun was strong so that didn't help. I thought I went out not too fast, about 8:24 pace and felt ok, nice and easy. I just never got into a good grove. The hills have been killing me. After I got sick in march, I lost all my fitness. While most of it is back, my hill running still leaves a lot to be desired. And Central Park...is hilly. No gettin around it.
I'm disappointed. On the bright side, I did score for my team for the 2nd time this year.  We've had a lot of women hurt so our best runners aren't out there which is frustrating. Really, this is a nothing race, I have bigger goals for the year, I just wanted to run well.
Coming up this week:
Van Cortlandt running!
XC 5k on Thurs and my own team is throwing an XC 5k and 5miler on Sun. 

No comments: