Monday, July 27, 2009

he's a magic man

I woke up this morning, with that ever familiar heels on fire feeling that only PF can give you. People who have had this know what I'm talking about: The anticipation of those first few steps, the feeling that your foot is on fire, you know what I mean. Even though my new stretches and what not seem to be giving me some relief, I'm not taking any chances. I'm calling a pro.
At 12:45 I was back on the table of my loyal physical therapist, PT Pete. I haven't seen Pete in months, since before the NJ Marathon actually. I just dont want this to turn into a major problem. I told him what was going on and he took a look at me and told me this is pretty much the same problem I've always had: weak hips. This time, it's just pushing itself down further and explained to me how. So I admit, I've been a bit lazy about doing all the exercises I'm suppose to be doing. No more though, believe me. I want this to go away. He did some ultrasound on my heel and legs, he did some ART, he stretched me, iced and stimmed me, and ended by taping the bottoms of my feet. He all but patted me on my head and sent me on my way. He also told me to not run for the next 2 days to, go give the inflammation and chance to go down. Of course, no one ever wants to hear that. I've been averaging just over 40 miles a week for the last month so 2 days is certainly not going to kill me or set me back. Runners out there, you know what I mean. SO cut back week it is! You can find me with my feet up eating bon bons...ok, not really. If it stops raining, I'll go for a bike ride tomorrow and maybe take Wed. Totally off. I did run an easy 4 this morning however.

5 comments:

Girl In Motion said...

I'm glad you went to PT Pete, might as well get it done with as fast as possible. Sympathies on the hip exercises, so boring, but it looks like you're stuck doing em. May it go away soon!

DogPound said...

Thanks! Already feels better. I'm starting to believe in the power of this funny tape.

L.A. Runner said...

You ran today and you're supposed to be off!!!!!! Why pay for a PT if you're just going to do what you want, anyway? JK. All joking aside, keep doing those exercises! Which would make your more annoyed- stretches for 10 minutes a day or having to skip your next race due to injury? Hope start to see a big improvement!

TiredMamaRunning said...

Go ahead and eat the bon bons! But seriously, doing the right thing with a little bit of time off now will pay dividends-better that than being out for the long haul.

DogPound said...

LA, I ran BEFORE he told me not to!