Thursday, February 12, 2009

every waking hour

Ok, I'm noticing a theme: running while tired. Now this has been lack of sleep tired, not running too much/too hard tired. I had a friend in from outa town this week and we spent 2 long and very funny days at the Westminster dog show. And in all honestly, I just have not had enough sleep.
I moved my tempo run this week from Tues to Thurs since I races on Sun. So today it was.
10 miles with 5 tempo. I usually do a nice long warm up, like 4 miles then have a mile to get home. Today, I ran 3, 5 tempo, 2 home.
My tempo runs have been sub 8s. I thought today might be a bit off cause did I mention being tired? I didn't factor in the howling wind that made my run seem like something out of Kansas. 
It seemed to be everywhere, swirling. No matter which way I ran, there it was. I'd get maybe a half mile of a tail wind at a time. Maybe. It was tough. I averaged 8:10s for my tempo. I wasn't very happy about that, but really, I couldn't do anything about it.
Now it's done and I've had a tough it out run through the wind run.

No comments: