Tuesday, November 11, 2008

on the road again

So I have been following Pfitz' recovery plan. It's a good thing too since I can not physically run much faster then 10 minute miles. In fact, of all my post marathon runs, today was the first one I averaged under 10, a whole 9:59. Not that it matters, I'm recovering!
I dont know if I mentioned here the deep down body tired I feel since doing 2 marathons in 3 weeks. I spoke to a couple of other like minded insane team mates who did the Chicago NY double and they feel the same way. So nice to know it's not just me.
Things are slowly coming around, which is good.
I'll keep following this plan then when I go to Africa in a few week, most likely not run at all. I asked a friend who spends a lot of time in J'burg about it and was advised it's just not safe. And boy do I hate tredmills! I think the time off will do me good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
As a J'burger and not wanting to interfere with your running plans ...

JHB has a huge, active and welcoming running community - if you want to find groups to run with it should be easy

first off i would suggest contacting RAC (Rand Athletic club)

as with any big city - where you are and what time you run are important considerations

have a blast in my home country - hope you get to spend some time in the bush

Mike

DogPound said...

Hey thanks Mike!
I might just use that time as a forced break, but if I decide not to I now know where to look.