Friday, December 25, 2009

"Bah, humbug!" No, that's too strong


Ho ho who you calling ho. I'm in Alabama for the yearly trek to the Mooney's. This year, I almost didn't make it. Actually, Bea, my pup and running partner picture here in all her snow glory, was suppose to join us. Bea got really sick a few hours after this picture was taken. Honestly, I have no idea what she got into, but she got into something that made her really sick. She spent 3 days at the vet.
Poor baby. It was awful seeing her like that.
I really thought about not making the trip down here this year and staying home with her. She came home about 2 hours before Loren and I were to leave. Luckily, Bea has a HUGE fan club. After seeing her at home, consulting with all my dog owner friends, and friend and super star pet sitter Denise agreed to (nurse) watch her while we were gone, I decided to come to Alabama.
It actually might be better that I came as to avoid me watching her non stop to make sure she's breathing and obsessing in a way that only I can.
Reports say she's getting back to her old self. I am so relieved.
On the running front, things are going slow and steady. Loren and I ran 4 miles through the snow of Central park on Wed. Today, we went with the long time Farrooney tradition of running on xmas. Loren and I drove over to her HS track where her parents walked and she and I ran. We started on the track then ran her old 2 mile XC course. Once back on the track I did a temp 400 which felt pretty good at 7:40 pace. 4.5 miles for the day.
At this rate, I'll eventually be up to 20 miles a week! Seriously, I'm feeling pretty good. My foot was a bit aggravated from flying but that's normal.
That's all from down south, hope everyone is enjoying their holidays.

3 comments:

TiredMamaRunning said...

I was worried when I read on RWOL or FB that something was wrong with Bea. Poor baby! Glad she's doing better, and that you and Loren were able to make the trip knowing that the pup is in great hands.

A big WOOHOO on the foot too. Enjoy the rest of your time in Alabama.

L.A. Runner said...

You're south and I"m north! LOL. I will catch you on your next visit for sure!

Black Bear! said...

Okay, Bea is officially the cutest dog ever! Glad your foot is cooperating.